Special Office Hours
We will be working limited hours on Friday, October 31, 2014 . If you need to contact us during this time, it will be best to contact us by email. Please note: Orders placed on October 31, 2014 will be held until, Monday, November 3, 2014.
Regular Office Hours
Monday - Friday:
7:30AM - 4:30PM CST
Saturday & Sunday:
$25.00 OFF Shipping
For a Limited Time Only: $25.00 OFF Shipping
The House Plan Shop is offering $25.00 OFF shipping for online orders only on the initial purchase of any blueprint order over $550.00 (before shipping fees and taxes). Simply enter or mention this promotional code when placing your order: 06H14
Custom House Plans
YOUR Affordable Custom Home Design!
**NOTE: This service is ONLY for customers looking for custom blueprints DRAWN FROM SCRATCH. If you simply want to make changes to a plan found on our site, please visit our modification page and submit a modification request form.**
Your home is typically the largest investment you’ll make in your lifetime and the place where most memories are created. It should be a reflection of your lifestyle, consist of your desired amenities and meet any special requirements you may have. You already have ideas about what you desire in your dream home. It’s time to consider a custom home plan designed to fit your exact needs. We offer affordable pricing for detailed custom home design services. Our experienced home plan designers will work with you to create YOUR custom home design, keeping you and your construction budget in mind.
If you are having doubts about working with a designer you can't sit across the table from, fear not. Our staff has over 10 years experience using telephone, fax, and email technology, to listen to you and design exactly what clients just like you want. Contact us today for a free consultation and see for yourself how comfortable it can be for you to experience our quality service and excellent designs even over long distances.
To receive a brief consultation and free quote please follow these easy steps:
1. Complete and submit the custom home design request form. Be as specific as possible when describing your desired home. (Use "width" when referring to measurements running right to left on the home plan. Use "depth" when referring to measurements running front to back.)
2. Include any sketches you may have.
3. A designer from our custom design team will contact you within two (2) business days for a brief consultation and provide a quote for your desired design.
Note: All time and cost estimates are good for 45 days.
Custom home design fees:
Purchasing a custom drawn home plan ensures you will get the exact home design you want with a floor plan that will satisfy all your specific needs and desires. Typically, our fee to design your custom plan will range between 1% and 2.5% of the total construction cost of your new home. Your custom plan fee is determined based on the complexity of the design combined with the information you will provide us. For example: For your own custom home that would cost $250,000 to build, the cost for YOUR custom designed home plans will start at $2500.
Your custom home design will include up to two preliminary drafts of the home plan at no extra charge. (Any additional revisions requested by client will be charged at $85.00 per hour.)
Payment and Time Schedule
Fees for your custom home plans will be collected in three equal payments:
Retainer 1 (1/3): Due prior to beginning preliminary drawings.
Retainer 2 (1/3): Due upon approval of preliminary drawings and prior to beginning the
detailed working drawings.
Retainer 3 (1/3): Due upon completion of working drawings and prior to shipping plans.
Any additional revisions requested by client will be charged at $85.00 per hour.
Balance: If a balance is remaining, the amount is due prior to delivery of goods.
Custom home design process:
• Homeowner will sign a home design contract.
• Our custom design team will provide the first draft of your preliminary design for your review within three (3) weeks of receiving your first retainer and will reflect all of the items submitted on your original request.
• Up to three (3) preliminary drafts will be submitted to you prior to detailing the final construction documents for house plan. After the third preliminary draft, additional design requests or changes not included in the original request will be charged independently at an hourly rate of $85.00 or a flat quoted rate.
• After you have verified and approved all the preliminary drawings and we have received your second retainer, your custom home plan will be detailed and completed within an additional three (3) weeks. Additional design requests or changes not included in the original request will be charged independently at an hourly rate of $85.00 or a flat quoted rate.
• You will be notified at the time your plan is completed. At that time, your final payment will be due in full prior to shipment.
**NOTE: All approximated timeframes presume you, the customer, will respond/provide feedback in a timely manner. Any delayed responses will prolong the approximated completion time.**
Additional notes about building codes and engineering:
Custom home plans are drawn to meet national building codes. We do not guarantee they will meet all local building requirements or building codes influenced by local geographic or climactic factors. It is the responsibility of the homeowner or builder to ensure these house plans comply with city, county, municipal and/or state/provincial building codes. Additionally, custom house plans will not be sealed or stamped by an engineer or architect. It is the responsibility of the homeowner or builder to hire a local professional to review and seal or stamp the plans if required by the building department. This must be done by an engineer or architect licensed in the state/province where the home is to be built.
Your final custom home plan blueprints will be emailed to you in PDF format (5 printed sets or CAD file option available upon request.) The blueprints WILL INCLUDE:
a) Floor Plans: House plan drawings indicating dimensions for construction
b) Roof Plan: Drawings indicating roof slopes and unique conditions
c) Exterior Elevations: Drawings showing appearance and the types of materials used for the exterior finish and trim
d) Building Sections: Drawings cut through important locations in the structure
e) Construction Details: Drawings showing specific construction of building elements at a large scale
f) Kitchen and bath elevations
g) Electrical Plans: Basic electrical layout (suggested locations of fixtures, switches and outlets)
h) Foundation Plan: Dimensioned drawings describing specific foundation conditions for the structure
i) A building license: A single-use license for construction at one location only
(NOTE: If design is to be used at subsequent locations, a discounted re-use license is required and available upon request.)
To get started, please complete and submit our custom home design request form.
If you have questions about getting started, please contact us:
Our custom design service can provide other custom plans such as garages, carports, outbuildings, pool houses, other backyard structures, multi-family units, and commercial plans.