Jun 29 2011
The purpose and function of overhead garage doors have changed over time. Now, not only do they open, close and lock keeping your cars and other items in the garage safe and out of site, but they also contribute to the overall style and curb appeal of your home giving it a stylish look. Furthermore, they play a roll in energy efficiency keeping the cold and heat out of your home. Safety is another important task for your garage door offering security and protection for your cars and other items stored in the garage. Garage doors are available in a vast array of sizes, styles, colors and architectural themes ensuring you’ll find the right one to complement your new house. If you are building a new home, put some thought into the type of overhead doors you’d like to install. Below is a list of things to consider before purchasing your garage door:
- Does the garage door have a high durability rating?
- Is it available in a color that blends nicely with the façade of your house?
- Does the garage door complement the architectural style of your home and its exterior decorative elements like the front door, window shutters, etc.?
- What energy efficiency features does it have including insulation?
- Are there any special safety features included? Does the overhead garage door have a safety rating?
- Is the garage door available with customizable options such as your choice of hardware or glass allowing you to have your own unique appearance?
Also, take some time to check with garage door manufactures. Some offer a design tool by which you can upload a photo of your home and experiment or “try on” all the different garage door options including color and style, making it easy to select the right overhead garage door for your new house.
No responses yet