Take a look at this eye-catching small house plan. It’s thoughtful and flexible design makes it suitable for young families with small children, retired couples or even singles. The exterior of this ranch house features traditional styling and enjoys a welcoming front porch. Inside, the living room is open and spacious accommodating daily activities and special get-togethers. The vaulted ceiling, plant shelf and crackling fireplace add a touch of elegance. You’ll appreciate the convenient pass-thru kitchen and its careful positioning next to the casual dining space making meal service a snap! Grill masters will love access to the rear deck making it easy to prepare favorite meats outdoors on the grill. Your master bedroom boasts a stylish vaulted ceiling, large closet and private bath. Depending on your phase of life you may opt for two secondary bedrooms for the kids or just one secondary bedroom and a cozy den. The choice is yours. A hall bath accommodates the needs of the children and guests. Practical and functional, this traditional empty nester home plan packs quite a punch for its small size. Furthermore, it is easy on the budget with its affordable design.
The small house plans offered by The House Plan Shop are typically less than 1800 square feet in size. They are popular among builders and homeowners for many reasons. Below is a list of some of the reasons why many of our customers opt to build small home plans:
- Usually simple in design
- Offer a compact, space-saver floor plan that makes the most of every inch of space
- Floor plan includes practical and efficient features
- Can be one or two levels, or one level with a finished basement
- Available in almost any architectural style
- Designed with style while keeping comfort and affordability in mind
- Most are budget-friendly and designed to meet tight budgets
- Floor plans can offer from one to four bedrooms and baths
- Require less building materials than larger home and are therefore affordable to build
- Deliver functional living space and include popular features like kitchen islands and main floor laundry rooms
- Available with a variety of foundation types to accommodate different lot requirements
- Can be used as a starter home, family home, an empty-nester or retirement home, or a vacation house
Because of their compact nature, most small house plans are closely related to cabins and cottages, vacation homes and even narrow lot house plans. Watch for our upcoming blog featuring one of our small home designs.