You shouldn’t have to be a movie star to wake up with a view of the ocean, and now you don’t have to be one. With this affordable, two-story beach house, now you too can claim your own piece of coast. This house offers a master bedroom on the second level for adults and parents while three additional bedrooms provide plenty of space for tired little surfers and beachgoers alike. The joint dining and living area supply ample room to bring the family all together for meals and entertainment. While large windows surrounding the house on the main level allow the ambiance of the surrounding environment to waft through the home, creating the perfect soundtrack to your day, whether you’re just arising from bed or drifting off to sleep.
Please visit our website to view floor plans and find more details about this beach house plan, 017H-0032.
For more plans similar to this one, please check out our Beach/Coastal House Plans collection.
Nothing says seaside living like a thoughtfully planned coastal design. This featured coastal home offers a floor plan that makes the most of oceanfront or shoreline property. Expansive decks and screened porches promote outdoor living and relaxation while delivering the perfect places to listen to the sounds waves crashing on the nearby shore and seagulls calling out above. Furthermore and array of windows enhance the living spaces and cozy loft revels the best ocean views from the interior. Additionally, the common gathering areas are situated on the highest level where you are sure to enjoy the panoramic seascape. Starting on the top level, you’ll find the open living areas arranged for gathering, relaxing and entertaining. Special features include easy access to the deck and screened porch, as well as, a kitchen island, window seat, great room fireplace and stairs to the loft. Your master suite completes the upper level boasting a private bath and decorative ceiling. Three bedrooms occupy the middle level including Master Suite 2 with its own private bath and a compartmented bath that accommodates Bedrooms 3 and 4. A covered porch and entry complete this level. Finally, the ground level offers a rec room the whole family can enjoy as well as an extra bedroom and bath and the laundry facilities. Don’t miss the carport. Fashioned with distinct seaside styling, this coastal house plan allows you to ease into everyday as if it were the middle of vacation.
Please browse our Coastal house plan collection to view more designs like this one.
If you’ve dreamed about living by the sea, you might have envisioned oceanfront property with waves crashing on the beach. Or maybe you prefer living by a picturesque river. Either way, coastal house plans are well suited for living at the water’s edge. These homes can be one or more levels and can range in size from a simple vacation house to luxurious beach home. Below is a list of some of the typical characteristics of coastal house plans. If you’d like to build near the ocean, along a river or canal, next to some other body of water, you’ll want to look for house plans that offer most or all of these features:
- Coastal home plans are often built on piers or pilings raising the main living areas above the ground by one level and positioning the parking area below the home. This arrangement accommodates rising tides or flood waters and prevents flooding inside the home. The water is able to flow underneath the home without any risk to the structure or damage to the personal belongings and furnishings inside it.
- Coastal house plans often enjoy an open floor plan with the living areas coming together as one. This allows gentle breezes circulate and flow throughout the home.
- Floor plans of coastal homes generally incorporate large windows which are strategically placed to maximize the beach our shoreline view.
- One or more large decks and/or porches deliver outdoor living spaces further enhancing the livability of coastal homes. They provide another opportunity to enjoy the view of the surrounding landscape and waterscape while delivering a relaxing place to entertain guests, dine outdoors and soak up the sights and sounds of nature.
- Coastal house plans often incorporate specialized materials, construction practices and design elements necessary to meet local building codes and specifications related to regional climates, geographic factors and/or marine environments.
Take some time to browse or collection of coastal home plans. For more possibilities, check out our waterfront homes, too!