Mar 03 2010
With spring right around the corner, many cities are holding Home and Garden shows. These shows are invaluable to homeowners as they present new products and services for homes and homeowners. Most shows cover everything inside and outside the home, and the best part is everything is under one roof. If there is a home and garden show coming to your area, The House Plan Shop recommends taking time to visit. These types of shows provide consumers with great buying opportunities, side-by-side comparisons between manufacturers and companies and competitive pricing on all services and products presented.
These are some of the things you might expect to find at your local show:
1. Displays and booths exhibiting the latest in their fields:
· Building products, tools and materials
· Green products and energy efficient materials
· Lawn and garden ideas, gadgets, products and gear
· Interior design
· Kitchen and baths
· Pools and spas
2. Seminars providing information about landscaping, energy efficiency, home design, green living, tax credits and much more.
3. A wide variety of professionals willing to answer questions about gardening, landscaping, remodeling, building, interior design, organization and storage, and almost any other home-related questions you might have.
4. Demonstrations on how to use new tools, install products, and choose the best products to satisfy your particular home and garden needs.
5. Exhibits showcasing furniture, lighting, countertops and other home accessories.
6. Experts giving pointers, tips and “how-tos” about everything from starting a flower or vegetable garden to operating a garage door or maintaining your new pool or hot tub.
7. Professionals and companies marketing their home and garden services such as home landscaping, deck building and installation, painting, roof repairs, kitchen remodeling, power washing and more.
8. Free samples, information and brochures from manufactures and exhibitors.
9. Giveaways for everything from a gift card to a local hardware store to a free landscaping job for your own yard. Make sure to take time to register for drawings and giveaways. Someone is going to win; it might as well be you!
If you plan to attend a home and garden show near you, The House Plan Shop recommends checking ticket pricing and parking availability ahead of time. Sometimes discounted rates are available on weekdays as opposed to the busier weekend days. Also be sure to check the hours of the show as they may vary each day. Finally, attend the show with an open mind, plan to have fun and come home with new ideas for your home or the house you are planning to build.
No responses yet