Jul 22 2009
If you are planning to build a new house chances are you’ve consider a wide range of aspects and elements about the interior of your home from efficiency and comfort to form and function. You’ve probably even considered the exterior appearance. But before you make your final decision about the house plan you wish to build, take some time to think about the usefulness and other benefits of choosing a floor plan with at least one outdoor living space making the most of your lot and yard.
Outdoor living spaces include a wide range of possibilities. They can be almost any size and can satisfy one or more purposes. They include covered front or rear porches, wrap-around porches, screened porches, covered or open decks, patios, terraces, lanais, balconies and more. Furthermore, special features such as outdoor fireplaces, grills, outdoor kitchens, pools, hot tubs, spas, gazebos, cabanas, built in seating and planters improve usefulness, function and enjoyment of outdoor living spaces. Other additions include sound systems to listen to music or the ball game, a TV tucked into a weather proof cabinet, outdoor lighting, ceiling fans and weather poof furniture.
How could your family use an outdoor living space? Think about your family and the activities you enjoy. The following ideas will help you decide what outdoor living space is right for you.
· Do you enjoy barbecues and outdoor gatherings? A deck, patio, covered porch or screened porch work well for grilling and outdoor dining. If you tune into your favorite radio station you can enjoy some music too.
· Maybe you prefer to prepare an entire outdoor meal. Consider a grilling porch or outdoor kitchen keeping the heat outside while leaving your indoor kitchen clean and spotless. Furthermore, your family and friends will enjoy as tasty meal outside without leaving a mess inside for you to clean up when everyone’s gone home.
· Do you envision your kids swimming all summer long? Does your family hope to throw pool parties through the summer months? A patio, lanai or a deck will make a nice complement to any home with a pool. Add built in benches for extra seating and outdoor lighting so your gatherings can continue after sunset.
· Maybe you just enjoy reading or relaxing outdoors after a day at the office. Consider a courtyard or covered porch. Planters will add a splash of color and satisfy any gardener’s green thumb. Perhaps an upper level balcony is more what you desire, a wonderful place to watch the sunset.
· Do you have a lot with beautiful panoramic views? Do you enjoy submerging yourself in the sights and sounds of Mother Nature? A sweeping deck or full-length covered porch will give you a great place to take in the view or observe surrounding wildlife.
· Does your family like to entertain? Maybe a covered porch with an outdoor fireplace is the answer. You’ll have a great place for gathering and conversation without being crowded inside the house and the fireplace will give the kids an opportunity to roast marshmallows and make S’mores when they want a snack. Not to mention everyone will enjoy the warmth of a crackling fire on a crisp fall evening.
· Looking for a romantic evening? How about dessert and stargazing with your loved one on an open deck? An open deck is also great for sunbathing.
Outdoor living spaces offer endless possibilities. With a little imagination, your family can use and enjoy the spaces surrounding your new home just as much as the interior living areas. Be sure to consider the outdoor living spaces of every home plan you review.
No responses yet