Dec 22 2009
Christmas morning is memorable no matter how young or old we are. Add to the memories of this special day by sharing The House Plan Shop’s favorite, savory cinnamon rolls with your loved ones for Christmas breakfast.
Bed & Breakfast Cinnamon Rolls
2 packages of dry yeast
1 tablespoon salt
3 tablespoons cinnamon
3 tablespoons milk
½ cup white sugar
1 ¼ sticks butter
1 ¾ cups warm water
2 cups brown sugar
5 cups flour
Chopped pecans optional
1. Combine yeast with water in large mixing bowl.
2. Add white sugar, 3 cups flour, egg, ¼ stick softened butter, and salt and mix well.
3. Add remaining 2 cups flour and mix to form soft dough.
4. Place in a greased bowl, cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours.
5. The next morning, preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
6. Roll the dough into a 10”x30” rectangle.
7. Cut the remaining stick of butter into pats and place them in rows covering the dough.
8. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl and sprinkle over the dough and butter.
9. Starting with one of the long edges, roll the dough tightly into a tube shape.
10. Cut the dough at 2” intervals with a sharp knife, place into a greased round or oval baking dish.
11. Bake for 15-25 minutes.
12. While rolls are baking, combine combine milk and powdered sugar in a small mixing bowl until it is a spreading consistency. (Slowly add powdered sugar so the icing doesn’t get too thick.)
13. Remove the rolls from the oven and ice with powdered sugar mixture.
14. Top with chopped pecans if desired.
Please visit our blog next week for more holiday recipes.
No responses yet