Mar 16 2011
Mediterranean homes are considered beautiful and elegant by many. To achieve an exquisite exterior look that is sure to catch the eye of passersby, it is important to understand what makes these homes POP with curb appeal. If you are building with Mediterranean house plans consider these tips to achieve a stunning exterior look.
Exterior Finish and Trim
- Mediterranean homes found throughout Spain, Italy and Greece feature a stucco façade painted in a light color, such as beige or a pastel hue, due to warm temperatures and sun exposure.
- Brightly colored, red clay tile roofs accent the light color façade with eye-catching magnitude.
- Wrought iron gates and railings are characteristic of Mediterranean homes.
- Incorporate brightly colored, hand-painted patterned tiles or mosaics in a square or round shape above the entry door, on the side of the home or on stepping stones in the garden or courtyard.
- Seek professional help to come up with a good layout for your garden and the landscaping surrounding your home.
- Include lush green plants that are suited for your geographic region such as palm trees, jasmine bushes and other rich foliage creating a striking contrast between the light colored walls and the healthy green plants.
- Incorporate an herb garden into your landscaping with herbs and spices you will use in your favorite Spanish and Italian dishes.
- Create a path through your garden and to your front door with stepping stones such as limestone.
When it comes to building a home with Mediterranean house plans it is important to know how to compliment the exterior and achieve stunning street appeal. These tips for exterior finish and landscaping are sure to make your home stand out among all others. You can find other ideas for decorating and landscaping a Mediterranean home by paging though magazines and looking at various online websites.
To find a Mediterranean home plan that is sure to accommodate your needs and deliver an elegant feel and life style, take some time to visit The House Plan Shop.
No responses yet