Apr 21 2010
In many cases, the fireplace is positioned to be a focal point in the room. This is a great strategy if you plan to have a fire burning everyday with orange flames casting a friendly or cozy glow across the room. But face it. In the summertime, the dormant fireplace isn’t the most attractive thing to look at in the great room, bedroom, etc. So, dress up your fireplace with these suggestions.
· Arrange potted plants in front of the fireplace. Use various plants to provide different textures, sizes, heights and shapes. Place them in decorative pots of different sizes and styles that complement your décor.
· Create an artistic display by arranging pillar candles of various sizes inside the fireplace.
· Place a unique piece of driftwood inside the fireplace.
· Camouflage the dormant firebox by placing a pieced of framed artwork in front of the opening. You can prop the frame against the fireplace or put it on a stand in front of the fireplace.
· Arrange baskets of natural items such as pinecones, smooth river stones or dried flowers on the hearth.
· Place vases of fresh cut flowers on the mantle and group three or taller vases of flowers right in front of the fireplace.
No responses yet