Jun 03 2010
If you are interested in building with contemporary house plans or modern house plans, it is important to be familiar with what these home plans offer. Modern and contemporary designs divert from the traditional and familiar home plan styles prominent along most of today’s roads and streets. They offer unique and unusual designs greatly contrasting the “cookie cutter” houses in many North American neighborhoods. Before you can choose the right contemporary house plan to suit your needs and tastes, it is important to understand modern house designs. Most of these trendy floor plans include some if not all of the following elements.
Modern or contemporary House Plans:
· Incorporate an extensive use of modern (industrial) materials such as steel, wood, glass, concrete and large windows
· Based on modern architecture and construction trends
· Include innovative and unique features and technology
· Incorporate interesting and unexpected angles and rooflines
· Offer plenty of natural lighting
· Feature open and flexible floor plans
· Display little detailing and ornamentation
· Have little or no roots in the past
Modern and contemporary house plans are widely available through various home plan websites and companies such as The House Plan Shop. At www.thehouseplanshop.com potential modern house plan buyers can shop for the home size and features they need using the advanced search tool. Entering preferred criteria such as foundation type, square footage, number of bedrooms and baths, and special features like split bedrooms or a covered porch make it easy to narrow your search for a modern or contemporary house plan that will accommodate your needs and desires. If you are planning to build a modern home, take some time to browse The House Plan Shop’s collection of contemporary house plans.
No responses yet