Apr 14 2015
With warmer weather on the way, many of us will be spending more time in our yards, buts sometimes we get so busy that it is hard to keep up on everything around the house especially around the yard. Don’t let an unexpected danger ruin your backyard fun this spring or summer. Take just a moment to review these tips for keeping your yard safe for everyone.
- Keep the grill 10 feet away from the house and other objects.
- Never leave an unattended fire in the fire pit or grill.
- Install a fence around pools and hot tubs.
- Make sure no one swims alone in pool.
- Wear protective goggles and ear protection when using outdoor machinery.
- Let the mower engine cool before refueling.
- Keep children inside when grass is being mowed.
- Put ladders away after use.
- Keep chemicals and garden tools away from children’s reach.
- Tighten and cover bolts on play equipment.
- Anchor trampolines and play sets.
- Seal wooden decks and porches.