Short on space but big on ideas? This unique house plan is perfect for those that are looking to do a lot with little by allowing you to make the most out of your space. The ground level is barrier free with zero walls, creating an open environment ensuring that space is not lost due to walls taking up space or creating corners that are inaccessible. This results in a perfect area for hosting parties, gatherings, or simply lounging with friends and family. It promotes a community feel as individuals are allowed to mingle in one collective area. The large floor to ceiling windows contribute to this open impression by allowing plenty of natural light to enter in addition to seamlessly blending the ground level with the joined patio. The upper level serves as a great juxtaposition to the lower level providing a great amount of privacy within its three bedrooms and two baths. Located separately from the common areas downstairs assures that noise won’t as easily disturb those sleeping. For those looking to build in urban areas where space is limited, this modern two-story house plan can make a narrow lot feel like a whole lot more. For more contemporary house plans please view our entire collection.
Providing a welcoming break from the daily stresses of city life, this two-story vacation home offers a chance to relax and reconnect with nature. A sundeck surrounding a third of the house provides a perfect vantage point for overlooking nearby waterfronts or distant mountains. The interior of the house also allows for great views of the surrounding areas with large windows located throughout the house including a set of French doors in the great room and the master bedroom along with a window seat creating a perfect backdrop to enjoy your latest book. On the lower level a workshop offers space for those who enjoy working with their hands or a covered patio for the couple who enjoy a glass of wine while watching the rain fall in their own little slice of county.
Click here to view floor plans and details about this vacation house plan, # 010H-0016.
If you’d like to check out more home designs similar to this one, please browse our Vacation House Plan collection.
With land becoming scarce and more expensive to purchase and the growing awareness of limiting the impact of homebuilding on the environment, narrow lot house plans are becoming more popular. Over time, home building sites have decreased in size placing a higher demand on narrow lot home plans, allowing them to evolve into what they are today. With today’s designs, there is no need for home owners to sacrifice comfort, special features or livability. Narrow lot house plans deliver all these things and more while keeping the budget in mind. If you are faced with the challenge of building on a narrow strip of property, take a look at the list below outlining the qualities of narrow lot house plans that make them attractive to a broad range of homeowners.
- Designs in our narrow lot home plan collection have a maximum width of 40 feet.
- What they lack in width, they make up for in depth. Floor plans are long and lean with no limit of depth.
- Narrow lot house plans are applauded for having a minimal impact on the environment. Their small footprints require less green space while still allowing “a lot of home” to fit on a small lot. This leaves the surrounding land undisturbed. These homes are recognized for being eco-friendly.
- Floor plans are economically designed to make efficient use of interior space. They make use of every square inch of space offering maximum storage in the form of closets and built-in cabinets and shelving.
- Often, gathering areas are open to one another with few walls creating a spacious feel.
- Floor plans incorporate many of today’s most requested features like main floor laundry rooms/closets, kitchen islands, outdoor living spaces, energy-saving elements, deluxe master baths and more.
- Many narrow lot house plans incorporate a garage.
- Narrow lot home plans have a linear floor plan.
- They can be one or more levels and range in sizes from a couple of bedrooms and baths to four or more bedrooms and baths.
- One-story designs often feature one long hall grouping the living areas at one end of the home and the bedrooms at the other for extra privacy.
- Two-story designs are ideal for property with limitations allowing an opportunity to add square footage economically in the form of a second floor. These floor plans often position the living areas on the main level and the sleeping areas upstairs for privacy.
- Narrow lot homes are found in densely populated areas where land is precious and houses are built close together.
- They are frequently built as replacement homes on in-fill lots in older urban areas.
- Narrow lot house plans are available with various foundation types and come in a vast array or architectural styles.
Honoring the restrictions of a narrow lot, these house plans are sometimes referred to as zero lot line homes. But don’t be fooled. Though they are often smaller in stature than their larger and more sprawling cousins, narrow lot house plans deliver the same comfort, style and features, plus they are environmentally friendly and often deliver more economic construction.
Visit our narrow lot house plan collection to view floor plans in a broad range of sizes and architectural styles including beach house plans, craftsman house plans and everything in between.
Suitable for any narrow piece of property, this narrow lot house plan has much to offer. It is especially well suited for long and lean beach lots found along US coastal areas. The home is built on piers (or stilts) raising the living areas one level to protect against rising tides and flooding associated with tropical storms and hurricanes. There is room for parking underneath the home. Now take a look at the floor plan. It was truly designed to make the most of oceanfront property with plenty of porches and decks to enjoy the view, beautiful sunsets and the gentle ocean breezes. And for those who like to spend time at the beach or catching waves, there is an outdoor shower to rinse away sand and salt before entering the house. On the ground level, you’ll find a carport and finished space with laundry area and access to the main levels of the home. One level off the ground, you’ll find two comfortable family bedrooms that share a full bath, and Master Suite 2, just right for a guest suite or conversion to a den or office. A private bath outfits this space. The upper level of the home holds the main living areas. Windows wrap the back of the home delivering stunning views. The gathering areas are open to one another offering a spacious and airy feel. An angled counter overlooks the great room and dining area. Master Suite 1 enjoys a private bath and two closets. Ideal for a waterfront vacation home, this narrow lot beach house plan is sure satisfy your needs for warm weather getaways!
To view more narrow lot designs, check out our narrow lot home plan collection.