While there are a wide variety of multi-family home plans, duplex house plans are a common choice for housing more than one family unit. Duplexes vary in size, style and the amenities they offer, but they do share some common characteristics.
- All duplex plans offer two living units. The floor plan for each unity may differ in size, shape and amenities like design 011M-0004, but the floor plan never offers more than two units.
- Living units are separated by walls such as design 025M-0081 or they are separated by floors like design 027M-0050.
- Each living unit offers its own private entrance.
- Duplex plans fit nicely in a neighborhood because they often look more like a home than an apartment building. Many use various rooflines, offset garages and other exterior features to make the structure appear cohesive rather than like to units that have been “stuck” together. Design 020M-0045 is a nice example.
- Duplex plans offer a more cost efficient way to house two families than building two separate single-family homes.
For a wider selection of plans that offer more than two living units, please browse our entire collection of multi-family home plans.
The spring building season is almost upon us. It is a popular time for building multi-family house plans, like duplexes, townhouses and apartment plans. For property owners wanting to earn income, a multi-family home plan works well for rental property. These building structures feature two or more distinct living areas separated by walls or floors. They offer the same appeal as single-family homes, and in most cases, multi-family house plans are designed and built for their economic construction. The House Plan Shop offers a broad range of multi-family homes designs including:
- Duplex House Plans
- 3-4 Unit Multi-Family House Plans
- Townhouse Plans – Upscale multi-family plans consisting of two or more units designed with special features and extra sophistication not usually found with typical multi-family plans.
- Apartment Plans (5+ units)
Multi-family house plans are often built in densely populated areas providing the maximum number of living units while making the most of the available property. Also, duplexes and apartment buildings are quite popular in small college towns and near large universities where a significant number of students are from out of town and need temporary housing or rental property until they complete their coursework. If you’re interested in building a multi-family house plan this spring, take some time to browse all of our plan collections. There’s no better time than springtime to build a multi-family plan!
The House Plan Shop is pleased to announce new house plans from one of our Canadian designers have recently been added to our collection. The new designs include multi-family house plans such as duplexes, modern and contemporary home designs, two-story houses, several narrow lot designs and even a unique garage apartment plan which is actually a drive under carport with living quarters above. Take some time to check out the following designs:
When viewing any of these plans, you can browse this designer’s entire collection by clicking on the “View More by This Designer” link.
When it comes to multi-family dwellings, The House Plan Shop has a broad selection of designs to choose from. Multi-family house plans range in size and can accommodate two or more families depending on the complexity and the arrangement of units composing the design. Our collection of multi-family home plans is composed of the following categories:
· Duplex Plans
· Townhouse Plans
· 3-4 Unit Plans
· 5+ Unit Plans
These multi-family home plans can offer identical units or units with different floor plans. The units can be one or more levels and range in size from simple one bedroom, ne bath designs to three or more bedrooms and baths per unit. Some of the larger designs offering four or more units can be considered apartment plans.
If you are in the market for multi-family house plans, take some time to browse our collection.