If you are planning to build a new house in the near future, it is necessary to understand it will not be a simple task. Unless you are a qualified building professional or you have all of the specific skills required for a residential construction project, you will need to hire a builder or contractor. Or if you plan to be your own general contractor, you will be responsible for hiring all of the subcontractors skilled in the various building trades to contribute to the construction of your new home. Below is a list of all the skilled professionals you may need to hire to build your house.
· Excavator to clear the lot
· Concrete/Foundation contractor to build and set concrete forms and pour the concrete foundation
· Carpenter to frame the home
· Roofer to install roof covering, i.e. shingles
· Insulation contractor
· Electrician to wire the home and install outlets, switches and fixtures
· Plumber to install all plumbing and related fixtures
· Stone mason, bricklayer or someone to install exterior finish and trim
· Drywall contractor to install/hang drywall
· Taper and painter to cover and paint interior walls and trim
· Finish carpenter to install interior doors and finish the inside of the home with trim, moldings and some decorative elements
· Flooring contractor to lay tile, carpet, hardwood flooring, etc.
· Lawn crew to sew grass seed, lay sod and landscape the yard
· Interior decorator to add all the finishing touches
· Garage door contractor to install overhead garage doors
Depending on all the details of your new home and the special elements you’d like to include, it may be necessary to hire additional building professionals.
For more information about home plans or building with stock house plans, please visit The House Plan Shop.