If you are looking for a family-friendly home plan with an economical design, consider this stylish ranch house plan. European details highlight the exterior while a covered front porch invites everyone inside. Beyond the entry you’ll find an efficient floor plan coupling the step-saver kitchen with the casual dining space making meal service a snap! Nearby, the comfortable great room handles family time and special holiday get-togethers with ease. A fireplace warms this gathering space on wintery nights while a rear porch and patio extend the living areas outdoors, perfect for nature lovers. Organization is at hand with the laundry room, planning desk and 2-car garage with storage teaming up at the back of the home. The right side of the house is dedicated to the sleeping zone where two family bedrooms are neatly arranged in front of the master bedroom. A hall bath accommodates the children’s needs. Your master bedroom enjoys a walk-in closet and deluxe bath outfitted with His and Her vanities and a soothing garden tub. Just right for families on a budget, this affordable home plan is worth taking a closer look.
Browse more home plans like this one in our Small and Affordable House Plan collection.
Affordable house plans are designed to satisfy the needs of a broad range of homebuyers. They are available in almost any architectural style from traditional to contemporary. They can be one or two stories or may consist of the main level and a finished basement. A variety of foundations are available with these floor plans as well, making it easy to accommodate various lot requirements. Affordable house plans can offer one or more bedrooms and baths. Depending on the arrangement of the floor plan, they are well suited for starter homes, empty-nesters and vacation homes. The affordable house plan collection presented by The House Plan Shop features homes that typically offer less than 1800 square feet of finished living space.
Because affordable house plans are typically small in nature, they generally feature compact and practical floor plans designed to deliver comfortable living without sacrificing functionality. Their space-saver floor plans are carefully created to meet tight budgets while still offering many of today’s most requested, functional features, such as a kitchen snack bar and an attached garage. They make the most use of every inch of living space. Additionally, since these economical house designs are slight in stature they require less building materials, therefore making them affordable to build.
Affordable house plans are closely related to other cost-efficient home plan collections such as narrow lot house plans and bungalows.
The small house plans offered by The House Plan Shop are typically less than 1800 square feet in size. They are popular among builders and homeowners for many reasons. Below is a list of some of the reasons why many of our customers opt to build small home plans:
- Usually simple in design
- Offer a compact, space-saver floor plan that makes the most of every inch of space
- Floor plan includes practical and efficient features
- Can be one or two levels, or one level with a finished basement
- Available in almost any architectural style
- Designed with style while keeping comfort and affordability in mind
- Most are budget-friendly and designed to meet tight budgets
- Floor plans can offer from one to four bedrooms and baths
- Require less building materials than larger home and are therefore affordable to build
- Deliver functional living space and include popular features like kitchen islands and main floor laundry rooms
- Available with a variety of foundation types to accommodate different lot requirements
- Can be used as a starter home, family home, an empty-nester or retirement home, or a vacation house
Because of their compact nature, most small house plans are closely related to cabins and cottages, vacation homes and even narrow lot house plans. Watch for our upcoming blog featuring one of our small home designs.