This two-story luxury home plan has plenty of storage space to keep a busy family organized. In addition to a three-car plus attached garage and walk-in basement, there are walk-in closets, built-ins, a cedar closet off the upstairs bathroom, a dining room butler’s pantry and lockers in the vestibule between the garage and main house. The homeowners can enjoy the convenience of a second floor laundry, a wet bar in the master suite and separate tub and shower in the master bath. Family togetherness is accommodated in the eat-in kitchen featuring a built- in snack bar island, the spacious family room with an open two-story ceiling and a comfortable screen room with a fireplace. There is also space for individual activities. There is a private deck off of the main bedroom, desks for homework in the two secondary bedrooms and a room on the main floor that can be made into a den, music room or office. This house has a beautiful covered porch supported by columns atop stone pedestals, inviting for both the inhabitants and guests alike. View floor plans and details about this family-oriented Craftsman home design.
To view more plans like this one, please check out our Craftsman home plan collection.
If wash day seems like a drag to you, consider some of these laundry room updates to make laundry chores easier. Creating a smart, efficient and resourceful space will make the burden of wash day disappear. Better yet, you don’t need a large space to improve your boring, inefficient laundry room.
Makeover the Basement Laundry Room
- Brighten up your drab, basement laundry room with a fresh coat of white or light colored paint on the walls and ceilings.
- Paint the floor as well and add mats or rugs for safety and traction. Make sure they can be cleaned easily incase of unexpected spills or plumbing problems.
- Add a folding station where it is a small cabinet or other piece of furniture to serve as a counter. Folding laundry items as you pull them out of the dryer saves time and minimizes wrinkles.
- Give your laundry room a “first floor” feel by hanging long, light colored draperies or curtains to create the look and feel of a large window. Chose fabric intended for outdoor use. They will resist moisture and mildew that often builds up in basements.
- Install good lighting in/over your laundry station to make it feel bright and cheerful.
- If room allows add a small cabinet or counter top for folding and mending clothing items.
Other Budget Updates
- Increase the convenience of your laundry room by adding a row or two of old-fashioned coat hooks. As you pull items out of the dryer, hang them on their own individual coat hook to minimize wrinkles, then take them straight to the closet to hang.
- Install plastic-coated wire shelving. It will put your wall space to good use and provide room to keep laundry supplies organized. Additionally, the wire and clothing rod are perfectly spaced/positioned for those laundry items that drip-dry.
- Create an instant laundry station by combining a wall hung cabinet with a laundry cart or similar cart on wheels. This handy combo will turn a small space into a convenient and efficiently laundry center. Store cleaning supplies in the cabinet and attached an inexpensive iron holder to the side of the cabinet. Hang a pull-out ironing board on the wall to save floor space. Use the cart for sorting laundry, storing clothing baskets, mending seams and sewing buttons.
Providing a welcoming break from the daily stresses of city life, this two-story vacation home offers a chance to relax and reconnect with nature. A sundeck surrounding a third of the house provides a perfect vantage point for overlooking nearby waterfronts or distant mountains. The interior of the house also allows for great views of the surrounding areas with large windows located throughout the house including a set of French doors in the great room and the master bedroom along with a window seat creating a perfect backdrop to enjoy your latest book. On the lower level a workshop offers space for those who enjoy working with their hands or a covered patio for the couple who enjoy a glass of wine while watching the rain fall in their own little slice of county.
Click here to view floor plans and details about this vacation house plan, # 010H-0016.
If you’d like to check out more home designs similar to this one, please browse our Vacation House Plan collection.