Regular Office Hours
Monday - Friday:
7:30AM - 4:30PM CST
Saturday & Sunday:
$25.00 OFF Shipping
For a Limited Time Only: $25.00 OFF Shipping
The House Plan Shop is offering $25.00 OFF shipping for online orders only on the initial purchase of any blueprint order over $550.00 (before shipping fees and taxes). Simply enter or mention this promotional code when placing your order: 01H15
Custom House Plans
Green Building and Energy Efficient Tips
Green home building and energy efficient construction is a growing trend among builders and homeowners. These articles offer valuable insight about energy efficient homes from building materials and construction methods to appliances and earth-friendly landscaping ideas.
- What is Building Green? – Building green is a growing trend among homeowners. Gain a better understanding about green construction and what you can do to make your new home energy efficient and environmentally friendly.
- Why Go Green? – Find out why it is necessary to incorporate green building practices and energy efficient features into the construction of your new home. Learn about benefits for homeowners.
- Go Green: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle – Find out how you can incorporate green building practices into the construction of your new home and what you can do for the environment now and in the future to save energy and resources.
- Go Green Outdoors – Building a new home has a significant impact on the surrounding landscape. Find out what you can do to make earth-friendly choices before, during and after construction to improve your lot and the great outdoors.
- Go Green with Trees – When it comes time to landscape your new yard, find out what “green” benefits you’ll reap by incorporating large trees.
- Tips for Living Earth-Friendly: Indoors and Out – Educate yourself about the many things you can do when building your new home and after construction is complete to become more earth-friendly and environmentally conscious.
- Building Green in California - Michael Matson is a building contractor in California who has a great blog on building green in the Pacific Northwest. His blog offers plenty of information about California Green Builder certification and tips and tricks for building an environmentally conscious home.