Christmas Holiday Schedule
We would like to wish you and yours a happy and safe holiday season. Please note: Our office will be closed for Christmas and New Year’s on the following dates:
December 24-26, 2014
December 31, 2014
January 1-2, 2015
We will be working limited hours:
December 22-23 and December 29-30, 2014
Due to the varying holiday schedules of the designers and architects we represent, we cannot ensure order ship dates between December 19, 2014 and January 5, 2015. If you need to place a rush order after 11:00 AM CST on December 18, 2014, please call to verify available shipping dates and times.
Regular Office Hours
Monday - Friday:
7:30AM - 4:30PM CST
Saturday & Sunday:
$25.00 OFF Shipping
For a Limited Time Only: $25.00 OFF Shipping
The House Plan Shop is offering $25.00 OFF shipping for online orders only on the initial purchase of any blueprint order over $550.00 (before shipping fees and taxes). Simply enter or mention this promotional code when placing your order: 06H14
Custom House Plans
Quick and Simple Decorating Tips
Not everyone is good at decorating. Not everyone likes decorating. But everyone can decorate his or her new home with these simple ideas. Relatively low-cost and not very time consuming, you can do all of things on your own while adding to the overall look and personality of your new home.
- Accent couches and beds with various textures and prints in your color scheme. Try a hand crocheted afghan draped over the couch, a silk throw pillow in the armchair or a made-to-look-like handmade quilt on the bed. Use throw pillows when possible but don’t over do it. Think of throw pillow as jewelry for your furniture pieces.
- Cover windows with sheers instead of bulky curtains. They allow light in while offering privacy.
- Shop high-end boutiques and home decorating stores for decorative accents you like such as paintings, vases, pottery and woven rugs. Then purchase knockoffs at a discount store, yard sale or second-hand store allowing you to stretch your decorating budget.
- Bring the outdoors in. Use garden furniture such as wicker to connect with the outdoors. Put fresh cut flowers in and old watering can instead of a vase.
- Fill a glass jar or bowl with colorful marbles or buttons. A bowl of buttons on an end table encourages guests to touch and hold them - stress relief in disguise and fun for kids to sort.
- Place something living in every room. A potted plant, a vase of flowers or even a beta fish in a vase brings life to any room as it creates visual interest and generates conversation.
- Cover a few small corkboards with colorful fabric and arrange them on the wall like a collage. This adds color and serves as a message board.
- Take those greeting cards and notes you’ve collected over the years and frame them. They aren’t doing any good sitting in a box in the top of the closet. Put them in a frame that coordinates with your décor or color scheme and display them. This is an easy way to add a personal touch.
- Don’t forget to decorate outside. Plant flowers in your beds, shrubbery along the side walk and add mosaic stepping stones you’ve made yourself using cement and broken or discarded ceramic tiles that you’ve collected from local lumberyards and home improvement stores.
© Copyright 2008 The HousePlanShop, LLC