Special Office Hours
We will be working limited hours on Friday, October 31, 2014 . If you need to contact us during this time, it will be best to contact us by email. Please note: Orders placed on October 31, 2014 will be held until, Monday, November 3, 2014.
Regular Office Hours
Monday - Friday:
7:30AM - 4:30PM CST
Saturday & Sunday:
$25.00 OFF Shipping
For a Limited Time Only: $25.00 OFF Shipping
The House Plan Shop is offering $25.00 OFF shipping for online orders only on the initial purchase of any blueprint order over $550.00 (before shipping fees and taxes). Simply enter or mention this promotional code when placing your order: 06H14
Custom House Plans
Blueprint Packages and Supplemental Items
Your needs and the needs of the contractor and subcontractors, will determine the number of blueprints necessary to construct your new home. Typically, you will need to provide one or more copies to your building department when obtaining building permits and at least one copy to your lender. Check with your builder and subcontractors to find out how many sets of plans they will require. Remember, it is important that you keep a set of house plans for your own reference during construction and for future needs. Review the following plan packages before ordering.
- 1-Set (Study Set): A one-set house plan package is considered a study set and is stamped "not for construction" allowing you to review your home in detail before you begin construction. It can be used to obtain bids and estimates on materials and labor. Reproduction of blueprints is a copyright violation. You can upgrade to another blueprint package within 90 days by paying the difference in the cost of the home plan packages.
- 5-Set: A minimum of five sets of blueprints will be necessary when constructing your home. This often requires subcontractors to share blueprints. This can be tricky, as you must keep careful track of each set of construction drawings.
- 8-Set: If you plan to build your new home the way it was originally drawn eight or more sets of blueprints will be the best blueprint purchase. The eight set package offers the least expensive price per set of plans and ensures better quality of construction because all appropriate parties involved in construction will be using their own set of house plans. This allows each person to make notes about construction on the blueprints that are relevant to their specific job. When ordering eight or more sets of blueprints, you will keep one set and your local building department, general contractor, mortgage lender and all subcontractors will use the others.
- Reproducible Master: Typically, reproducible master is a single copy of the house plan printed on erasable mylar or vellum paper which can be erased allowing for a local residential designer or architect to make your desired changes. It comes with a copyright release giving you permission to make slight modifications to the home plan and reproduce it. The reproducible master is necessary when you want to make minor changes to an existing home plan. You will need to take the copyright release with you when you take the blueprints to the copy shop. This plan package gives you the right to build one structure. You may not use the reproducible master to build multiple homes. Multiple builds with the same home plan is a violation of the Copyright Law. (Note: Some designers print reproducible masters on bond paper, and it is necessary to use White Out to make changes. The house plans will come with a copyright release.)
- CAD file: CAD (Computer-Aided Drafting) files are a complete set of home plans in an electronic file format (excludes commercial building plans) and can be opened in most professional design programs. CAD files can be used if you want to make substantial changes to the home plans. You will need to hire a professional to make the changes. CAD files include a copyright release allowing you to make legal changes to the copyrighted house plan. This home plan package entitles you to build the home one time. You do not have permission to build the home more than one time.
- PDF file: A PDF file is a Portable Document Format of your home plan. This is a computer document format designed to capture formatting information (i.e. fonts, graphics, color, etc.) from many different desktop publishing applications making it possible to send, open and print your home plan in its intended format regardless of the different applications used by the creator or the recipient. Because the PDF is an electronic version of your home plan, it can usually be emailed to you within 24-48 hours of placing your order during regular business hours. Simply take the PDF file to a local print shop to have your blueprints printed. The PDF file allows you to reproduce the number of blueprints necessary for obtaining bids, gathering estimates and building your home. A PDF file cannot be altered electronically.
- Additional Set: Occasionally, the eight set house plan package may not accommodate your construction needs. Additional sets are available if you find you need extra copies of the construction drawings. Additional sets are available within 90 days of the original purchase of the home plan package. Refer to the home plan page for availability. An extra charge applies.
- Mirror Reverse: A mirror reverse set of house plans can be a helpful tool during construction. Sometimes the house will fit on the lot better if the floor plan were flipped. Mirror reverse house plans are a mirror image of the home plan, with the text appearing backwards, just as if you were looking in a mirror. Though the dimensions and lettering are not readable, mirror reverse plans serve as a visual aid reflecting the layout of the home they way you plan to build it and also show correct door swings. You cannot obtain a building permit with mirror reverse plans, so when ordering, only order one or two sets with the mirror reverse option and order the rest as correct or right reading plans. An extra charge applies.
- Right-Reading Reverse: A right reading reverse house plan is also printed in reverse layout from the original drawings. These plans are helpful when your building site would better accommodate your home plan if all rooms were on the opposite side than what is shown on the original plan. With right-reading reverse house plans, the floor plan is flipped left to right and the text is readable. Refer to the home plan page for availability. An extra charge applies.
- Material List: A material list is a detailed list of materials needed to construct your home plan. Typically material lists call out the quantity, sizes and descriptions of the major building materials needed to construct your house. Material lists help you get more accurate bids from contractors saving time and reducing costs by only paying for the materials you need for construction. Appliances, HVAC, foundation materials, rough plumbing and other various interior finishing materials may not be included. Refer to the home plan page for availability. An extra charge applies.
- 2x6 Wall Framing: Home construction using 2x6 framing provides better energy efficiency offering thicker walls for extra insulation. Many of the house plans published on The House Plan Shop website were originally drawn with 2x4 exterior walls. However, 2x6 wall framing is available for many of our plans. Refer to the home plan page for availability. An extra charge applies.
Shipping and handling rates depend on which plan you select to buy, point of origination, destination, and delivery method. Shipping charges are shown before you enter your credit card information.
© Copyright 2007 The HousePlanShop, LLC